The owner raised the alarm after the incident in Llangynog, Powys, in May and test results show the dog had been poisoned by pesticide, Aldicarb.
Sgt Matthew Howells from Dyfed-Powys Police said a red kite was poisoned last year raising concern wildlife is being targeted.
Evidence showed the dog had ingested the remains of a black bird which was suspected of having the poison on it.
The officer said the area was popular with dog walkers and he urged anyone who comes across dead wildlife in the countryside not touch it and contact the police if foul play is suspected.”
To read the full article click here
Source: BBC news