Home / Common myna

Common myna

Common myna  Acridotheres tristis



  • Unless you have a licence or permit or an exemption applies you must not:
    • keep them in your house, garden or business
    • sell them to other people
    • exchange them for goods
    • release them into the environment
    • let them breed or escape
    • import them into the UK
    • transport them within the UK
    • export them to other countries


  • What to do if you see Common myna for sale or other offences being committed: Make a report by following the guidance here.


  • What to do if you see this animal in the wild: Record it with a photograph (where possible).



May be able to use CABI images – see link Acridotheres tristis (common myna) | CABI Compendium (cabidigitallibrary.org).