Purple pitcher plant Sarracenia purpurea
- Appearance: Carnivorous plant that forms a dense rosette of up to 100 pitchers, filled with rainwater that capture and decompose prey.
- Growth: Found in damp places like bogs or fens. S
- Impact: Negative impact on invertebrate communities, outcompetes and displaces native vascular plants, liverworts and mosses.
- Pathway: Originally a garden ornamental plant that has spread or been deliberately planted in the wild.
- Legal status: Not covered by legislation in England and Wales.
- What to do if you see this plant in the wild: This is an alert species, record it with a photograph (where possible).